Wednesday, October 22, 2008

About Me


Meditate: Acts 2:47

While on this run about ancient history, here’s my own two cents: over 30 years ago I became a Christian. Time sure flies…

So to build on praising God for sending people to us with the Gospel, and for God’s faithfulness in watching over us, I would add my thanks for God’s love.

I agree with St. Patrick that God has “guarded me, and comforted me as would a father his son.” As time has gone on, the reality of Jesus’ promise that He would never leave us or forsake us has become more intense. Psalm 118 says:

Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
His love endures forever.
In my anguish I cried to the LORD,
and He answered by setting me free.
The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?
I was pushed back and about to fall,
but the LORD helped me.
The LORD is my strength and my song;
He has become my salvation.
I will give You thanks, for You answered me;
You have become my salvation.
You are my God, and I will give You thanks;
You are my God, and I will exalt You.
Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
His love endures forever.

That pretty much sums it up.

  • What’s my experience of God’s love?

Pray:
Praise: Lord, You are good and Your love endures forever!
Confess: You are always more ready to hear than I am to call to You.
Thank: I was pushed back and about to fall and You saved me.
Ask: Draw me closer; keep me in Your love.

Digging Deeper: Psalm 118

Posted by email from Ferndale Tonight (posterous)

No comments: