Tuesday, March 30, 2010

meditation on psalm 27

No cowering in the darkness for me!
The Lord ensures that I'm never in darkness.
Why should I be afraid?

The Lord is always saving me.
What do I have to fear?

The Lord is my fortress, my refuge, my absolute security.
Why should I be intimidated?

Noise, nor numbers, nor outlandish displays…
It doesn't matter what attack comes against me.
It's cool — I know that He will handle it.

There's only one thing I ask of the Lord
one thing I deeply long for –
I want to always be by His side,
to look up and see Him,
To always know He's right there.

(Page through a Bible!)
All the best stuff happens where God is.
There's no better safety than to have Him right there.
He's either covering over me
Or placing me in a position of security;
Above the trouble,
Far above anything, anyone who would drag me down.

How can I not sing?
  (I'm no singer and yet it bubbles up in me!)
How can I not praise Him?
  (No poet either and yet...!)

I'm calling to you, Lord!
I'm confident in your grace and mercy.
I don't doubt that You'll hear me.

Your open arms invite me to You;
You draw me to speak with You.
Now everything in me reaches for You.

Don't turn away.
(although I know what I deserve...)
Don't reject me. (though I’ve neglected You.)

You've always kept an open door.
(The problem has been my hesitancy to walk through.)
But no matter who else has dumped me,
You've always stayed nearby.

Teach me your way, Lord.
Lead me (keep me!) on Your straight and narrow.

I know not everyone is on my side –
So don't let me fall into an enemy’s hands.
Lies and threats...
Truth and justice aren’t their goal.

But don’t let me leave the wrong impression!
I’m absolutely confident in the Lord's goodness —
Not pie in the sky eventually –
but here in the land of the living, even in my lifetime.

So here's an invitation:
Join me in waiting in God's presence!
Don’t hesitate any longer!
Stay with Him. Be brave. Don't give up.

Let me say it again:
Go to the Lord! Wait in hope with Him!

Posted via email from Ferndale Tonight

No comments: