Sunday, March 21, 2010

Handbook for Mortals

Handbook for Mortals: Guidance for People Facing Serious Illness Handbook for Mortals: Guidance for People Facing Serious Illness by Joanne Lynn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars Handbook for Mortals showed up as recommended reading in several resources I've been looking at lately so I decided to take a look. Overall, it's a good resource but the book's weaknesses lie in it's approach more as a guide on how to face death than as a guide on how to face life. (I'm sick but I'm not planning on dying...soon.) This book also takes a morally neutral attitude toward suicide (assisted and otherwise) that just struck me as creepy. Those issues aside it contains great info on dealing with medical questions and preparing for death. View all my reviews >>

Posted via web from Ferndale Tonight

No comments: